Free Case Evaluation

Getting the Benefits and Compensation You Need After a Work Injury

When someone suffers a work-related injury, the employer is usually very concerned about the employee’s health and well-being — at first. However, as time passes, the relationship between the injured worker, the employer and the insurance carrier can turn adversarial, especially in cases involving serious injury. To protect your rights, you should consult with an attorney as soon as possible after you are injured.

I’m Robert A. Jones, a work accident and workers’ compensation lawyer in Essex County. I have been helping families devastated by work-related injuries for more than 35 years. I am Certified as a Civil Trial Attorney by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. I am also a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum®, a group of attorneys who have obtained million-dollar and multimillion-dollar verdicts and settlements.


Under New Jersey workers’ compensation laws, you are entitled to benefits even if the injury was your fault. Workers’ compensation benefits include:

  • Medical expenses
  • Temporary income replacement
  • Permanent injury awards
  • Death benefits for surviving family members

Workers’ compensation is adversarial in nature. Even though the employer sends you to a company doctor, that doctor will not help you in the preparation of your claim. Your lawyer can help you by arranging the appropriate medical exams to counter what the insurance company’s doctors will say so that you recover the amount of money you deserve.


If your injury was caused by a party other than your employer, you may be able to recover additional damages by filing a personal injury lawsuit. While New Jersey workers’ compensation laws generally protect employers from personal injury lawsuits resulting from workplace accidents, these laws do not prevent you from suing negligent third parties, such as vendors, construction contractors, a driver or an equipment manufacturer in the case of a machinery injury.

Discuss your work injury with me and I will tell you whether you have a third-party case.

For a free consultation with a Certified Civil Trial Attorney: Call Robert A. Jones at 973.852.3352 or fill out our simple contact form if you have suffered a work-related injury.