Workplace Injury

Contact Us

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Livingston, New Jersey, Work-Related Injury Lawyer

When someone suffers a work-related injury, the employer is usually very concerned about the employee's health and well-being — at first. However, as time passes, the relationship between the injured worker, the employer and the insurance carrier can turn adversarial, especially in cases involving serious injury. To protect your rights, you should consult with an attorney as soon as possible after you are injured.

I'm Robert A. Jones, a personal injury and workers' compensation lawyer in Essex County, New Jersey. I have been helping families devastated by work-related injuries for more than 25 years. I am Certified as a Civil Trial Attorney by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. I am also a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum®, a group of attorneys who have obtained million and multimillion-dollar verdicts and settlements.

Under New Jersey workers' compensation laws, you are entitled to compensation for medical expenses, temporary income and permanent injury, even if the injury was your fault. If the injury was caused by someone else's negligence, you may be entitled to additional compensation by filing a personal injury lawsuit. While New Jersey workers' compensation laws generally protect your employers from personal injury lawsuits resulting from workplace accidents, these laws do not prevent you from suing negligent third parties, such as vendors, contractors, a driver or an equipment manufacturer in the case of a machinery injury.

Even if your workplace accident does not involve a negligent third party, a lawyer can help you recover everything you are entitled to. Workers' compensation involves the courts and is adversarial in nature. Even though the employer sends you to a company doctor, that doctor will not help you in the preparation of your claim. Your lawyer can help you by arranging the appropriate medical exams to counter what the insurance company's doctors will say so that you recover the amount of money you deserve.

Free consultation with a Certified Civil Trial Attorney: Call Robert A. Jones at 973.852.3352 or fill out our simple contact form if you have suffered a work-related injury.