Municipal Court

Contact Us

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


New Jersey Municipal Court Lawyer

While a petty crime may not sound all that worrisome, any conviction can have ramifications that extend beyond the present. I am Robert A. Jones, and I am a New Jersey attorney who has experience on the other side of the bench as municipal court prosecutor and municipal court judge.

I have represented individuals accused of committing petty disorderly persons offenses, which include shoplifting, disorderly conduct and simple assault, just to name a few. A disorderly persons charge can lead to up to six months in jail and a maximum fine of $1,000.

With over 10 years of experience working in the court, I know all the possible plea agreements. I know what the other side is likely to say when it presents its case, and I know what judges need to hear.

If the crime you are accused of committing is your first offense, I may be able to get you a conditional charge that puts the charge on hold. You will go on probation for a year, and if you stay out of trouble for that time, the authorities can drop the charges and I can file a motion to get the charge expunged from your record. Expungement means you can apply for jobs, loans, etc. and say -- honestly -- that you have never committed a crime.

Essex County Traffic Ticket Attorney

Traffic tickets are expensive in more ways than one. They are also sometimes issued unjustly. If you believe the police had no probable cause to give you a ticket -- or even if they did -- I can help you minimize the impact that the ticket has on your driving privileges.

Contact The Law Offices Of Robert A. Jones

Let me put my experience as municipal court judge and prosecutor to work for you. Contact my Livingston, New Jersey, office at 973.852.3352 or fill out my contact form.